Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1st Blog

I've always wanted to start a blog, and what better time than the present?

I think I'll set a goal to try and write something of interest a few times a week, we'll see how that goes though.

I'm out of school until the 25th of January, off of work for a few months, and about to pop out a child. I can only clean my house so many times and bake so many batches of cookies before I start to rip out my hair. So I suppose I will just write, because writing is what I like to do.

I'm not sure how this stay-at-home-and-take-full-responsibility-of-a-tiny-human-being's-life is going to work out. I guess it's a little late for that though. Not that I doubt I can do it, I can pretty much do anything, I'm kind of amazing like that. I just have things I want to accomplish, that aren't necessarily accomplish-able here at home. And I'm sure there are new goals I'll set that I want to accomplish post-Pat. I suppose where there is a will there is a way, and I'm so set in my ways that if I say I'm going to do it I will do it, Pat or no Pat.

Speaking of Pat, it should be here any day (was supposed to be here yesterday) and has decided to be like it's father and run fashionably late. How do I feel about this? Not well, not well at all. I have tried endless combinations of wives tales to try and coax it into the world, but with little success. It really is true, babies have their own time agendas and they stick to them. My Dr. said today that I definitely don't look like I'll go past 42 weeks, which was comforting and discouraging at the same time. So for now I will just sit in Pat's room and revel in it's cuteness.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the blog! I started a blog, too (gettinglifewrite.blogspot.com). And an early congrats with Pat! You will have big adventures being a mom. I see a lot of throw up and poop in your future! And later...fire, spit, gas...(because I think Pat's a boy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kessie! WHen did u start a blog? I thought I was silly for startin one :) lovely job on the 1st blog friend :D

    ReplyDelete